To-date I have raised $14,050 – Donate Today and Help Me Reach $15,000
As I ride my bike around the US wearing my Alzheimer’s cycling jersey I typically encounter several people each day, inquiring about Alzheimer’s and why I care. At first I was surprised by these encounters and personal stores which more often then not were emotional.
Since my Ride across America last fall, (Portland Oregon to Portland Maine), I have learned a great deal and have become an “Alzheimer Ambassador on Wheels”. As a member of the Alois Society (name in honor Alois Alzheimer, the pioneering neurologist who discovered Alzheimer’s disease), I have learned a few facts which reinforce why I believe we all need to care.
Consider the following –
- 1 in 3 seniors will die of Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia
- Alzheimer’s kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined
- Since 2000, deaths from Alzheimer’s has increased 89% while deaths from heart disease has decreased by 14%
- Every 66 second someone in the US develops Alzheimer’s
- There are more than 5 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s, supported by over 15 million caregivers
You can help find a cure and treatment and enhance care and support for all affected. Please consider a donation today.